Hosting other streamers on your twitch channel is very easy. With host mode active, your viewers can watch other twitch streamer’s channel without leaving your channel’s chatroom. By doing so your viewers can enjoy the fresh live content and also stay connected with their friends in your community.
Plus, hosting your favorite streamer is a great way to keep your community together while you are offline.
If you are new to twitch and don’t know how to host someone on twitch! Worry not, you will know everything about hosting another channel in this how-to guide. Plus you will also know the pros and cons of hosting someone on twitch.
You can host another channel from desktop and from the twitch android or ios app.
So, without any delay lets get started.
How to Host on Twitch (Desktop) – Step by Step Guide
1. Go to the twitch.tv website on your laptop or computer.
If you have an account on Twitch, then log in from the top right corner of the website.
If you don’t have an account then sign up and log in afterward.
2. Click on your profile icon on the top right corner after login. It will open the drop-down menu.
After that click on the channel button to open your channel.
Doing so will open your channel along with chatroom on the right side.
3. Now to host someone type /host username in the chat box and hit enter. For example if you want to host the official twitch account, type /host twitch. Same goes if you want to host any other channel, just type their username after /host and hit enter.
Note: to stop hosting anyone, just type /unhost in the chatbox and hit enter.
And there you go, this is the guide to host on twitch from desktop/laptop.
How to Host on Twitch (Mobile) – Step by Step Guide
Then open the Twitch app and log in to your account.
2. Now click on your profile’s icon on the top right corner, which will take you to your account page.
3. Now tap on chat tab on your account page, which will open the chat box of your channel.
4. Type /host followed by a channel’s name in the chat box and send, now you are hosting your desired channel.
Note: to stop hosting a channel, just type /unhost in the chatbox and send.