Via using WhatsApp web any person with a smartphone can use WhatsApp on their pc or mac. It is a convenience for people who work on a desktop computer or laptop.
Here you will know how to use WhatsApp web and WhatsApp app on Mac and windows. I will also tell you what you can do and cannot do with WhatsApp on a computer.
How to Use WhatsApp Web on Computer | Step by Step Guide
You can use WhatsApp on any browser and computer.
Visit the https://web.whatsapp.com website
The website will look like shown in the following image.
As you can see on the left side in the image, it’s asking to open WhatsApp on your phone and go to settings. Go to the settings and tap on WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
Scan the QR code shown in the above image by pointing your phone’s camera towards it.
After scanning the code the website will open and sync WhatsApp on the computer and you can use it. Just as shown in the below image.
Now you can view the status of your contacts, chat with them, send them files directly from your computer and start new groups.
How to Use Whatsapp App on Windows and Mac
This is the era of apps, people avoid visiting websites if they can have the app installed on their electronic device. WhatsApp launched its app for Windows and Mac on May 10 2016. You can download the WhatsApp app from their respective stores.
After installing the app, follow the above procedure to use WhatsApp on a Mac or Windows-based computer.
What You Can Do and Cannot Do With WhatsApp Web and App
What you can do
- You can send messages to your contacts.
- Create groups and chat in groups.
- You can see the status of your contacts.
- You can send any kind of file from your computer to anyone in your contacts.
- You can edit your name, about information and update your profile picture.
- You can also record audio and use a webcam
- You can connect multiple desktops and apps with your phone and remove them whenever you like
What you cannot do
- You cannot update your status from the computer via WhatsApp Web or App.
- You cannot make WhatsApp call from web or app.
Is Using WhatsApp on Mac or Windows Secure?
Yes, it is absolutely secure. Because WhatsApp uses end-to-end encryption for all its messages. The web and app of WhatsApp completely rely on the phone for all message transfers.
If you liked this guide, then please share it within your circle. And if you want to share your thoughts or ask anything just comment below.